Our school meals follow a healthy eating policy and are produced freshly every day our school kitchen from only:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the region;
- fruit and vegetables sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers;
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children;
- fats free from hydrogenated oils; with
- menus that are nutritionally balanced
From September 2014 key stage one children (reception, years 1 and 2) are entitled to a free school meal. For key stage two pupils (years 3, 4, 5 and 6) there is a charge for school meals. School Dinners cost £2.75 per day.
Children in Class 1 will automatically be ordered the hot meal of the day unless parents tell us otherwise. Children in Classes 2, 3 and 4 can pick om the morning what they woudl like to order.
Our Summer Menu can be accessed by the link below.
Free School Meals
Free school meals are available to all key stage one pupils through Universal free school meals and also to pupils in receipt of, or whose parents are in receipt of certain benefits.
To qualify, a parent/guardian must fulfil one of the following criteria (with effect from 01 April 2018):
Universal Credit, provided you have an annual net earned income of no more than £7,400, as assessed by earnings from up to three of your most recent assessment periods. (£616.67 per month)
- Income Support
- Income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- Support under Part 6 of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guarantee element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit, provided you are also not entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual household gross income that does not exceed £16,190 (as assessed by HMRC)
- Working Tax Credit run-on – paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
Welfare Team – CYPS
31-33 Victoria Avenue
Tel: 01609 533405