In North Yorkshire we believe that for the very best start in life children and young people need good nutrition.
In North Yorkshire school meals are only made from:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the Yorkshire region
- fruit and vegetables, sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children
- fats free from hydrogenated oils
- menus which are nutritionally analysed to provide nutritional balance
- ingredients, produced freshly every day in a school kitchen
Primary school lunches will cost £2.34 a day for two courses (£11.70 a week) from Easter and £2.64 per day (£13.20) from September 2018
- have a three menu cycle allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons; and
- are written in consultation with pupils and cooks.
For more information please visit NYCC County Caterers CLICK HERE