In North Yorkshire we believe that for the very best start in life children and young people need good nutrition.
In North Yorkshire school meals are only made from:
- fresh meat and poultry sourced from the Yorkshire region
- fruit and vegetables, sourced regionally where possible using local suppliers
- products free from additives associated with health problems in young children
- fats free from hydrogenated oils
- menus which are nutritionally analysed to provide nutritional balance
- ingredients, produced freshly every day in a school kitchen
Primary school lunches cost £2.10 a day for two courses (£10.50 a week) and:
- have a three menu cycle allowing children to become familiar with the food served;
- are changed every term to reflect the seasons; and
- are written in consultation with pupils and cooks.
For more information please visit NYCC County Caterers CLICK HERE
Order slips need to be returned on a Thursday for the following week or if you wish to order termly you can do so by downloading an order form here.